Tuesday, December 13, 2016

{these are a few of my favorite things}

I've been obsessed with lists as long as I can remember. 

What are your favorite things? The songs that move you? The cafes you could spend hours in? The private beaches or the florists shops or the bodegas you love?



Eyebrows
Sangini's Waxing and Threading Studio - Milford, CT : Not only have the ladies at Sangini's gave my eyebrows shape - but the henna dye gives it color to finally pop! I have light blonde eyebrows that never stood out. Finally I have an arch and it brings out my eyes. They do an amazing job
 

Nail Polish Color:
OPI's Skating on Thin Ice-Land

A lovely deep shade of purple. 
{Picture by: VampyVarnish }

 




Boutiques-
Online:
LOVEandFIT - For cute, comfy t-shirts and tanks (and other accessories) that are incredibly affordable but have amazing fit - check out LOVEandFit. Kellie is sweet, friendly and talented- she makes custom orders that are even better than I could have imagined.  It's hard finding cute workout clothes and I swear by them. I also love her t-shirts with sayings on them.


The Silver Wren  - The Silver Wren serves up gorgeous, personalized jewelry. I've gotten several bracelets and necklaces from The Silver Wren - some for myself, others as gifts - and always in awe of how beautiful they are. They don't just offer name plate necklaces either, they offer a gorgeous collections of layered necklaces.

Modcloth - Gorgeous array of clothing, home decor and accessories. I absolutely love their "Vintage-Inspired" line. 

Marissa T Designs - Marissa is an absolutely lovely woman who makes stunning jewelry. Instagram has really been a great community to meet artisans like Marissa. I ordered a custom druzy amethyst necklace and not only was it stunning but it was affordable and came with a personalized note and coupons for my family and friends. Little things like that will always make me come back and prefer our artisans over big department stores.





Polished Boutique in Branford, CT offers a wide array of clothing - gorgeous dresses for events, graphic tees for hanging around and jewelry to go with each and every outfit. The owner Lisa and her mom are the loveliest people. I love supporting local businesses especially friendly, warm owners.

 Earrings from Polished Boutique 


Graphic tank from Shop Polished




Instagrams
Moodygrams - The name says it all. Gorgeous photography that sets off a mood. Intense, dark, light, stunning. A gallery worth checking out!

Abby Capalbo - Abby's gallery of Rhode Island/New England coastal aesthetic makes my heart swoon. I need a trip to Newport, stat.

Cristina Fugaru  - Cristina isn't your typical fashion blogger - she posts food and books too! She has great style, hair, nails, makeup and the best part: she's incredibly sweet!

Caitlin / cmcoving - Caitlin is one of my favorite fashion bloggers/IGers. Why? She has a style I love and relate to. Sure I love tutus and faux-leather jackets but Caitlin wears amazing clothes I'd actually wear to work, to see family or around the house. Just like Cristina, Caitlin is sweet and responsive.

Fashion Inspiration :

Classic Hollywood 20s-50s
I love Classic Hollywood. The stars and starlets led such complicated lives behind all the glitz and glamour. There was so much pain behind their eyes. reading about what they went through and how bad they had to hide their pain is heartbreaking. Celebrity culture may be annoying now but it's refreshing to at least see stars come forward and talk openly about once taboo topics such as mental illness, miscarriage, divorce. 
Some of my greatest inspirations come from these classic Hollywood stars. The hair, the dresses, the makeup - such glamour!

Gene Tierney
Gene is my favorite actress and her beauty and style is something that inspires my everyday fashion. I also would recommend anyone to read her autobiography "Self Portrait". Gene had a hard life full of heartbreak and mental illness and writes so clearly about it. She was charming and gorgeous and once dated JFK! She also is someone you can relate to.  






 Grace Kelly 


Grace, the Hollywood Starlet turned Princess is a great icon of style of glamour. I love her simple glamour and regal waves. I love going over pictures of her to use as reference for a certain look I'm going for. 



















Rock & Roll / Boho/ The Glittery 70s Style 


Stevie Nicks


One of my favorite musicians of all time, Stevie's 70's style was that of a dream. She was a rockstar that was sexy but didn't rely on her sex appeal. She had black lace dresses and top hats and gorgeous scarves. She's a master of layering and that leaving something to the imagination can be very, very sexy. 



Bianca Jagger

I adore Bianca's 70s style. Chokers, elegant headpieces and fantastic jumpsuits and dresses perfect for backstage at a rock show or Studio 54. Bianca is different than your typical blonde, fake girlfriend. She does a lot of great work now and is a Goodwill Ambassador. Very inspiring 

 







Others

Paper Goods: Rifle Paper Company
Work Attire: Venus

Coffee shops:   

Small Point Cafe - 
Terrific breakfast and lunch, coffee and tea - all organic all good. 
Providence, RI

The Coffee Pedaler  - 
 An artisan coffee shop focusing on attention to detail. Rustic French-based baked goods made in house daily.
New Haven, CT

Amazing Vegan food:
The Common Bond Market  - Located in Shelton, CT, Common Bond offers a grocery store selling natural and organic offerings and also offers hot & cold food. 

GZen  - Sophisticated vegetarian, vegan & raw food is paired with organic wine at this stylish spot in Branford, CT 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment