Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Nostalgia





Sometimes nostalgia hits me like a panic attack and it's hard to breathe, to realize all that time has gone, that person is gone, the person who I was is gone. I remember everything: somethings break my heart, others make my heart heavy. Night time car rides with power lines and sunsets outside our windows and talking geography, The light & music of a summer carousel, cafes playing Wilco on a rainy day. Journals abandoned by the sound of your call. I remember all those things but they are all images, thoughts, parts of my past that shaped my future. My life is calm, I've grown up. The waves have mellowed with time. But every now and then I remember the beauty and power of being inside that storm. All the colors, all the things that your heart feels but human language has no words for.


2 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful post, with both the images and the writing. Good job!

    natalie @findingmyownvoice7.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete