Thursday, July 3, 2014

About the Heart



As I've gotten older and realized more and more every day how delicate hearts are, I go into relationships with the most honorable and sweetest intentions. I am careful with hearts because I know what it's like to have mine mishandled. Of course in the past I made mistakes. We all have. But with the understanding of what it's like to be hurt, I do believe you also get the tools to love better. In my office I was recanting last night to my co-worker and put my head down and said "...I just wish I was prettier" and he said to stop that. It's true. To assign yourself with negative feelings when someone was careless with your heart is insane. That's them, not you. As much as someone doesn't want us, that's okay. They were never ours to begin with. If they don't see your value or want your heart, it's okay too. It's your value and your heart. All you can do in life is be the best person you can be, to be compassionate and loving but to also know when to walk away, when to stop waxing poetically and realize you can live a life of love and wonderful things all on your own. People come in our life for a season, a reason or a lifetime. Sometimes that reason is a lesson, and for that I'm better than I was yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment