Thursday, June 12, 2014

The Adventures of June 6th-8th


Summer weekends are always the sweetest tornadoes of dizzying memories: eating lobster rolls under the sunshine, wearing gas station sunglasses, mingling at tequila bars or swimming 'til your heart's content. That's why I decided to recap my weekends from the beautiful to banal through pictures and words.


Friday
"It's Friday so that's kind of like party in itself" 

I LOVE Fridays. They are my favorite day because 1) I get paid. Yay Money! I can actually EAT and BUY things!! 2) The suspense. I work a short day and the suspense of the night and the weekend all ready and waiting is just, well amazing! 3) Friday nights are fun. 

Friday night I went to New Haven with a girl friend of mine and we went to Rudy's Bar and Grill, a place I call "hipster" that happens to have amazing french fries. I didn't have french fries though, I had bud light. The scene was cool, but a little too sedated for us so we moved to Geronimo's.

Geronimo's is a tequila bar, nice set up - outdoor patio, great food. I had bud lights and a big man named "Sergio from East Haven" really liked my pink shoes. Two girls asked me if my favorite band was Paramore because I "look like that would be your favorite band". Hmm...k?

Here's an awful picture of me (I just want to go back in time and make myself stand straight!)



Saturday

Saturday was a beautiful June day, the kind that I wasted lying in bed listening to Slacker Radio and being hungover until I realized no, I'm not going to do that. I went to the gym and had a fantastic work out. Later that night I went to Bleachers in Bristol, CT to see my friends' band play, Fear the Masses.





Snap Chats are fun!


Fear the Masses put on a great show! It's always great support local music that is really awesome. 


Sunday

Sunday afternoon I met up with friends to go to Dockside in Branford, CT. It's a great restaurant that sits in a boat yard. The boats are absolutely beautiful. I had a summer Shandy, which I am designating as my summer '14 drink. 


Song(s)

I fell in love with the song "Night Train" by Jason Aldean, perfect background music to a beautiful weekend. 



No comments:

Post a Comment