Friday, November 1, 2013

Someone like you




There's something about Adele's "Someone like You" that gets me. At first hearing it, I rolled my eyes. Now why in the world would I want someone just like my ex? Isn't the whole point to find someone different? And really who wishes nothing but the best - deep down isn't' there a feeling of resentment? If I had so much love for this person why wouldn't I - in all honesty - want him to be with me.

Those first layers of thought gave way to a more mature, diplomatic feeling. People come in your life for a reason, season or a lifetime. If you dated someone who you felt a strong kinship to, and in your head and your heart felt was so amazing - like they were your other half but they didn't feel the same way then really is that person your other half? Life is too short to be chasing after an illusion. Maybe this person you dated had so many great qualities you love - but just needs to be bottled in another human spirit. Some people, as much as we love them, don't love us back. Maybe it's not the right time in your or their life, or maybe it'll never be the right time. It's bittersweet, it's heartbreaking but it's reality. And once you clear away the leaves you break ground and realize there's a whole world out there. Your heart is still pounding and you can and will find love someday. The kind of love that you don't have to chase, the real love that just fits, like two hands holding.




"You know how the time flies
Only yesterday was the time of our lives
We were born and raised
In a summer haze
Bound by the surprise of our glory days

I hate to turn up out of the blue uninvited
But I couldn't stay away, I couldn't fight it.
I hoped you'd see my face and that you'd be reminded
That for me it isn't over."



No comments:

Post a Comment