Thursday, August 22, 2013

A Wonderful Run in Late August


    Today was one of those overcast mornings that quickly turned into a heavy downpour. As the day went on the raining stopped and I grabbed my running shoes. Lately, I've been running at the local middle school track. It's nice to clear my thoughts and in my moments of ADD, I take pictures of things of interest. Today I ran off the track and on a trail into the woods to see a beautiful memorial for my 6th grade teacher who died in 2003. Memorials are sad, yes, because someone died, but I like them because they carry on that person's legacy; their story. There was another memorial to a young girl who passed away, I later asked my brother and he told me about her. That's the beauty of memorials - to keep people who are gone alive by stories, by memories, by their legacy. 









I see an eye in this






            I also noticed how many leaves have already changed and fallen. It seems like August is quickly fading into September. On my way to the middle school I drove through my favorite road in Branford - Windmill Hill Road. I love how the trees overlap, especially in the fall with all the leaves of bitter scarlet, burnt orange, pale shy green, bleached yellow all intertwine like colorful hands. I love driving through the road in the Autumn, and as much as I love summer it's those little things in life; in each season that remind you there's always something good around every corner even as one part of the chapter of life is ending.



All photographs taken by me, Courtney Barrett

No comments:

Post a Comment